[Xmca-l] Kant's Imagination

Hi esteemed others,

I would like to follow the practice Mike asked of us to separate topics out to new fibers as they arise, and Kant came up in a few different threads. Since I'm keen to understand more about Kant through reading and considering the discourse of all the eloquent members here, I am taking the initiative to start a new thread.

Would anyone like to explain (in easy language) why Kant is relevant to our discussion on imagination (and perhaps fantasy)?

I hope this post doesn't receive an audience of crickets, or even a long list of links to read tomes and tomes of philosophical treatise. I just hope to have a conversation about it.

Anyone?

Kind regards,

Annalisa