[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination

Hegel also gave a central place to imagination in perception.
On 8/12/2015 1:04 PM, Ed Wall wrote:
Mike

      I assume you have read Sartre on imagination; i.e. The Imagination. This gives what he considers a phenomenological take on imagination. However, I would consider a much more revealing take to be that of Edward Casey in Imaging (I am hoping that book you referenced will supplement that of Casey). The connection to Kant, by the way, critically preceded that of Mzerleau-Ponty and Sartre and that is why I was surprised to not see him mentioned.

       I agree that we all seem to be coming out in, more or less, the same place. Only the questions seem to differ.

Ed