[Xmca-l] Re: Congratulations Men

IN his book on teaching deaf/blind kids, A. Meshcheryakov says they used teh celebration of national holidays as a way of imparting a sense of time.
On 9/11/2015 12:17 PM, Huw Lloyd wrote:
I don't know. The best thing that I can think of that is consonant with the media of 'a day' is the recognition of the cultural notion of time. Putting it in that context, is does seem the case that some of long-standing holy-days do implicate certain constants (relative to our cultures and their histories), e.g. the equinoctes.

Generally I have an aversion to such artifices as celebratory days, but I think I might participate in something like a children's day, thereby encouraging some reflection on at least a generational timescale in contrast to the 24hour/5year media-politicking.

Best,
Huw