[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: paper on models of addiction
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: paper on models of addiction
- From: Annalisa Aguilar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 20:17:19 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) email@example.com;
- In-reply-to: <CAHH++P=74a9Z5TdN2AtpWLt0rEp42g7UoyyR6-vzidx6cHCbDA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <DM2PR07MB576758356CC67AE49C26A4DC1340@DM2PR07MB576.namprd07.prod.outlook.com> <DM2PR07MB57645543432E293028318AFC1330@DM2PR07MB576.namprd07.prod.outlook.com> <CAHH++P=FOwwoCsPk=uUMxUmPkjQ+xcMhveh16Odsn=zn99wRRQ@mail.gmail.com> <DM2PR07MB576AFC75B31BCDF77FEC9C2C1330@DM2PR07MB576.namprd07.prod.outlook.com>, <CAHH++P=74a9Z5TdN2AtpWLt0rEp42g7UoyyR6-vzidx6cHCbDA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
- Thread-index: AQHRA5brNbvNtja+t0mPpodv2xEbnJ5lKIER
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: paper on models of addiction
Yes, the paper was attached to the first of this subject header.
It's a good read. At the moment I'm not free to make a synopsis, though I could try later?
My reason for posting is again my interest in models of mind, but what I liked in it is Raikhel's observation of theory into practice, and those theories (he was on board with) seem to me to resonate a lot with CHAT.
It also made me think of the paper we discussed last summer about the rehabilitation of that young woman who did the music video, and I'm sorry I can't recall the author at the moment. Please forgive me!
So not only is it the question "what is depression?" but also "what is addiction?"
And beneath all that, I might posit "What is self?" which Raikhel touched on too.