[Xmca-l] Re: Something to smile about

I enjoyed it to. On human-animal relations, my girlfriend has a grandson Oisin who is nearly one year old. His family also have a soppy dog which thinks that the main function of humans is to throw balls for him to chase. The dog recognising Oisin as a potential playmate, dropped the ball into his lap. He, in turn, assuming that anything that he had been given must be food, tried eating it. A mismatch of learned expectations?

Bruce R