[Xmca-l] Re: Oliver Sacks/Romantic Science

There's a problem with this attachment. Let me try again.
On 1/09/2015 1:56 PM, Andy Blunden wrote:
"Romantic Science" by Luria, attached in HTML.
On 1/09/2015 1:32 PM, mike cole wrote:
​It might be helpful to this discussion if someone would post the chapter on Romantic Science from Luria's autobiography which MUST be somewhere public in pdf. It appears that I do not have one.

After reading what the person said, then discussion of the ideas seems appropriate. Ditto Sacks, who has written a couple of extended essay's on
his view of Romantic Science.

It is true that the Russian psychologists, erudite as they were, were not sociologists. Nor were they anthropologists. The nature of their enterprise encompassed those fields and more.

Doing Romantic Science and immersing oneself in the individual case in no way excludes inclusion of sociology, anthropology, in their work. Nor does Luria argue so.

mike
​