[Xmca-l] Re: Oliver Sacks/Romantic Science

Sure David, and my comments on this topic carry all possible caveats. I referred to a "style of Romantic Science" particularly because Larry had correctly mentioned the idea of units of analysis (whole-in-the-part) as a "definition" of Romantic Science. I think it is clear that that style of Romantic Science was not what was meant in relation to Sacks. Mike can tell us what he meant. But so far as I know, the key attributes of Romantic Science are "delicate empiricism" and keeping the whole person/organism before you and eschewing analysis. There seem to be quite different ways of giving shape to these ideas.