[Xmca-l] Re: Oliver Sacks/Romantic Science

As little as I understand it, Larry, Oliver Sacks' style of Romantic Science was his complete immersion in the individual case before him, and development of a science of complete persons. The paradigm of this type of science was Luria. A limit case of "Qualitative Science" I suppose. The opposite is the study of just one aspect of each case, e.g. facial recognition, and the attempt to formulate a "covering law" for just this aspect.