[Xmca-l] Re: Help with Russian translation

Your "over-literal" translation captures the grammatical structure of the excerpt in a way that makes a lot of sense, David. Thank you for that. I will definitely borrow from it. The word otnosheniyi, which I have translated as "life-projects" is usually translated as "relations" or "life-relationships" but as I understand it, it is the bolded word in statements like: "The Party's *orientation* to improvements in agriculture was affirmed." and "The Central Committee's *priorities* were outlined by the Secretary." I also have in mind that the otnosheniya are *realised as* activities, not even "realised by", so in a sense they are the inner form of activities. A "life-project" is both inner and outer really, but this seems appropriate to all the ways otnosheniyi is translated.