[Xmca-l] Re: Having an experience

Mike will have to explain where that idea comes from. It is the kind of insight which (to my mind) marks out the experimental/practical scientist from the theorist/philosopher. But it seems to me that it is any shared object, even one extracted from the Anglo culture, which can become (if I understand it correctly) a "boundary object," in that it is meaningful in the cultural universe of all participants in a dialogue. The fact that the movie (or book - we also discussed a couple of autobiographies) talks about kinds of experience which all of us may be familiar with is I guess important too.