[Xmca-l] Re: Vygotsky and Deborin

I've ordered David Bakhurst's book, which I hope will tell me even more, but thanks to Natalia Gajdamschko and via Natalia, Gena Kravtsova, and Anton Yasnitsky, I am now certain that Vygotsky never met Deborin, but he did collaborate with two of Deborin's supporters in writing a book on currents of Psychology in 1930, exactly the time I'm interested in, Osnovnye techeniia sovremennoi psikhologii, which is to be found at http://www.koob.ru/vigodsky_v_l/main_currents. Anton tells me that this collaboration had a very negative effect on Vygotsky's career, as Deborin was denounced in January 1931, but in my humble opinion, seems to have been invaluable in preparing Vygotsky to write "Thinking and Speech."

mike cole wrote:
I would consult David Bakhurst's early book.
mike