[Xmca-l] Re: Can symbols help people learning to read?

Thanks, Yrjö. I have that book. I'll scan the article for my friend.

Engeström, Yrjö H M wrote:
Andy, you might take a look at Kyosho Amano's chapter

      Improvement of schoolchildren's reading and writing ability
      through the formation of linguistic awareness
      <https://www.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=GCVCZy2xHD4C&oi=fnd&pg=PA183&dq=K.+Amano+perspectives+on+activity+theory&ots=lZ1KOHx5lY&sig=zxCCJ0vaJD3ScfrgkEcInqaVItM>

in the volume /Perspectives on Activity Theory/ (edited by Engeström, Miettinen & Punamäki, 1999).

Regards,

Yrjö