[Xmca-l] Re: XMCA home page?

OK, so we have one foswiki page on http://wiki.lchc.ucsd.edu/ already.
Perhaps we could call for volunteers to create a couple more.
A single plot does not a community garden make.

Huw Lloyd wrote:
The foswiki software.

On 9 March 2015 at 11:53, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

Well, the "X" in "XMCA" means eXtended, you know. But be that as it may,
what software would you recommend for a low maintenance on-line community
CHAT garden?

Huw Lloyd wrote:

I don't think you'd need it to support MCA, Andy.  MCA is a different
project to that of communicating CHAT concepts, practices and resources.
MCA endeavours to do a portion of that, in a particular way.  XMCA usually
reflects a certain impatience with that, it reflects a need to work over,
discuss and critique the knowledge and concepts themselves rather than
papers built out of a few personalised conceptions related to CHAT.

MCA helps academics keep their publication count up and it helps to keep
CHAT ideas in circulation within academic settings.  But I am not
convinced
that CHAT can be successfully accommodated by educational institutions as
we know them.  So, the point is to take an educational project based on
CHAT principles (which can often be taken as a scientific exposition of
common good sense) and build a truer educational resource out of it.  That
kind of effort necessitates 'gardening' both for the production of
resources and for their accommodation.

Huw