[Xmca-l] Re: XMCA home page?

Well, the "X" in "XMCA" means eXtended, you know. But be that as it may, what software would you recommend for a low maintenance on-line community CHAT garden?

Huw Lloyd wrote:
I don't think you'd need it to support MCA, Andy.  MCA is a different
project to that of communicating CHAT concepts, practices and resources.
MCA endeavours to do a portion of that, in a particular way.  XMCA usually
reflects a certain impatience with that, it reflects a need to work over,
discuss and critique the knowledge and concepts themselves rather than
papers built out of a few personalised conceptions related to CHAT.

MCA helps academics keep their publication count up and it helps to keep
CHAT ideas in circulation within academic settings.  But I am not convinced
that CHAT can be successfully accommodated by educational institutions as
we know them.  So, the point is to take an educational project based on
CHAT principles (which can often be taken as a scientific exposition of
common good sense) and build a truer educational resource out of it.  That
kind of effort necessitates 'gardening' both for the production of
resources and for their accommodation.

Huw