[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andy Blunden <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- From: Morten Nissen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 20:37:31 +0000
- Accept-language: da-DK, en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is 126.96.36.199) email@example.com; mailman.ucsd.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- In-reply-to: <CAGVMwbXBj5EbiS7pQYa8c0HcsuiWHhS8tOo+37d5HY3bz5Poug@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHCnM0AVtKHZzsLz=TU4zv2VVAEb4Ls7E38N8o6xRyRSgkLBRQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CACwG6Duiv=3Vacp5oK=Zf5AdHxbZCvqZooEv2CgrooEsfyuANg@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0Dy_w_jow4Dec6A0Z0LVLvppC8ZAdt5tsXgshbh_7kMLg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAHH++Pm2AwaT8DTeP0xRUMzTgcvmK_AYTg7QNTzLyEGrNusP4A@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGaCnpxQ8Ajb6Vn2HXnJDLdZGJErAhhgSyaBYvhiuoM5rf5GAg@mail.gmail.com> <1DBFC697F1B675469D2CE09A9B3FEE2A3DA73B7F@SRVUNIMBX07.uni.au.dk> <54E9B016.email@example.com> <CAHCnM0Cx0whRzqFcMKc61NS55X5+SFhXH_sS+cZXWqs5FRR6Ag@mail.gmail.com> <54E9EF53.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGVMwbXBj5EbiS7pQYa8c0HcsuiWHhS8tOo+37d5HY3bz5Poug@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHQTgKWL5zHt+MItkCXcQxQpSZDFJz7Y3SAgABQWQCAAA3pgIAABtUAgAAPngCAABqFgIAAC1+AgAAfvYCAAEeigIAAA1MAgABJdoCAAAHtgIAAAjOAgABrMeA=
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
Yes, it's really frustrating.... the Danish (and I'm sure most other) media present the situation by interviewing finance CEOs who say that the Greeks owe money to the Germans but are whining even though they have such privileged pension systems.
Yes indeed, the Syriza and Podemos strategy is to push for a European reform - not impossible, recall that the present French administration was headed that way at first.
PhD, Dr. Psych.
Department of Education
2400 Copenhagen NV
Tlf: +45 30282418
Fra: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] På vegne af Carol Macdonald
Sendt: 22. februar 2015 16:10
Til: Andy Blunden; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Emne: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
Now THAT would be an achievement - a laudable one. People to think that the Greeks simply don't like austerity, that it's just their termperament.
In South Africa we have 60% of the young people who are unemployed living in the townships, and we think we are sitting on a powder keg.
Perhaps they don't have these kegs in Europe anymore, but I think having 58% of one's young people unemployed is totally unacceptable. When that happened to Europe in the 1930s it led to the rise of Fascism. I think the Communists are right.
On 22 February 2015 at 17:01, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
> mike cole wrote:
>> ... If he is waiting for the European workers to come to the aid of
>> Greece, Andy, he is more optimistic than I am. But that is my badly
>> informed hunch.
>> But that is the only way out. That has been Syriza's policy from the
> beginning. I.e., they want to retain the Euro, they want to stay in
> the EU, but they refuse to wreck their own economy with Germany's
> austerity program which has also devastated the economies of other
> countries. Their aim is to change EU policies, not to do something
> different in Greece, as I understand it.
Carol A Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
Academic, Researcher, and Editor
Honorary Research Fellow: Department of Linguistics, Unisa