[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- To: Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- From: Carol Macdonald <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 17:09:31 +0200
- In-reply-to: <54E9EF53.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHCnM0AVtKHZzsLz=TU4zv2VVAEb4Ls7E38N8o6xRyRSgkLBRQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CACwG6Duiv=3Vacp5oK=Zf5AdHxbZCvqZooEv2CgrooEsfyuANg@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0Dy_w_jow4Dec6A0Z0LVLvppC8ZAdt5tsXgshbh_7kMLg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAHH++Pm2AwaT8DTeP0xRUMzTgcvmK_AYTg7QNTzLyEGrNusP4A@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGaCnpxQ8Ajb6Vn2HXnJDLdZGJErAhhgSyaBYvhiuoM5rf5GAg@mail.gmail.com> <1DBFC697F1B675469D2CE09A9B3FEE2A3DA73B7F@SRVUNIMBX07.uni.au.dk> <54E9B016.email@example.com> <CAHCnM0Cx0whRzqFcMKc61NS55X5+SFhXH_sS+cZXWqs5FRR6Ag@mail.gmail.com> <54E9EF53.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Now THAT would be an achievement - a laudable one. People to think that
the Greeks simply don't like austerity, that it's just their termperament.
In South Africa we have 60% of the young people who are unemployed living
in the townships, and we think we are sitting on a powder keg.
Perhaps they don't have these kegs in Europe anymore, but I think having
58% of one's young people unemployed is totally unacceptable. When that
happened to Europe in the 1930s it led to the rise of Fascism. I think the
Communists are right.
On 22 February 2015 at 17:01, Andy Blunden <email@example.com> wrote:
> mike cole wrote:
>> ... If he is waiting for the European workers to come to the aid of
>> Greece, Andy, he is more optimistic than I am. But that is my badly
>> informed hunch.
>> But that is the only way out. That has been Syriza's policy from the
> beginning. I.e., they want to retain the Euro, they want to stay in the EU,
> but they refuse to wreck their own economy with Germany's austerity program
> which has also devastated the economies of other countries. Their aim is to
> change EU policies, not to do something different in Greece, as I
> understand it.
Carol A Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
Academic, Researcher, and Editor
Honorary Research Fellow: Department of Linguistics, Unisa