[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- From: Annalisa Aguilar <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 00:58:26 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0Dy_w_jow4Dec6A0Z0LVLvppC8ZAdt5tsXgshbh_7kMLg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com> <CAHCnM0AVtKHZzsLz=TU4zv2VVAEb4Ls7E38N8o6xRyRSgkLBRQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CACwG6Duiv=3Vacp5oK=Zf5AdHxbZCvqZooEv2CgrooEsfyuANg@mail.gmail.com>, <CAHCnM0Dy_w_jow4Dec6A0Z0LVLvppC8ZAdt5tsXgshbh_7kMLg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHQTgKrJf2Os0RuGkCifKckLovTupz7bHOCgABYHQCAAA3pgIAAAjhq
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
David, even if Varolufakis is not properly reading Marx (and even if I'm not reading Varolufarkis properly), I don't think he is alone in not properly reading Marx! What I was thinking and my reason for posting the link to the list is that this may be a blessing in disguise.
What I find hopeful is that there is a discussion of Marxism without the immediate stampede to Stalinist interpretations of Marxism. He is creating a space for discourse without leaving room for McCarthyism. Or is that my not reading this properly?
What I hope is that this causes people to actually go read Marx, for people to actually start discussing Marx, for people to actually start thinking about Marx with their own minds. The proof is in the pudding after all.
And in that sense, the link to Andy's paper is totally apropos! Perfect timing, Andy! :)
What I got from the article without a proper reading of Marx, is that Varolufarkis is mindful of "totalitarian affordances" and doesn't want to repeat that pattern ever again. Is this not a good concern to have when his country possesses a formal political group that abides in National Socialism?
Also, it is not my notion that Occupy is a left-wing version of libertarianism. I got that from somewhere else, and I can't find that link. So this is just to say I can't take credit where credit isn't deserved. :)