[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Deepening Social Justice Teaching, by Dr. Christine Sleeter
- To: "'LLE-L@listserv.uga.edu'" <LLE-L@listserv.uga.edu>, "LEGO-L@listserv.uga.edu" <LEGO-L@listserv.uga.edu>, " (NCRLL@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU)" <NCRLL@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>, "Hillocks@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU" <Hillocks@listserv.uga.edu>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity (email@example.com)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Deepening Social Justice Teaching, by Dr. Christine Sleeter
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:26:43 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AdBNKgMAOAMaFOQIQ7Kg435MLQKzRw==
- Thread-topic: Deepening Social Justice Teaching, by Dr. Christine Sleeter
What's new with JoLLE@UGA?
View this email in your browser<http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&id=08d8d03d5d&e=c061549e9b>
Scholars Speak Out
In her essay, Deepening Social Justice Teaching, Dr. Christine Sleeter reconsiders the term “social justice” and offers principles that can be used to deepen social justice teaching, particularly in terms of literacy teaching.
Dr. Sleeter is Professor Emerita in the College of Professional Studies at California State University Monterey Bay, where she was a founding faculty member. She has served as a visiting professor at several universities, most recently University of Colorado at Boulder and has published over 100 articles and 19 books.
Visit JoLLE<http://coe.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&id=b3251e3f93&e=c061549e9b> to read Dr. Sleeter's essay.
Call for Journal Submissions!
You have ONE MORE WEEK to submit manuscripts to be considered for the spring issue of JoLLE, themed Embodied and/or Participatory Literacies. Manuscript submissions should follow all guidelines posted on the JoLLE website<http://coe.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&id=552029a32c&e=c061549e9b> and should be sent to email@example.com by February 27th.
Poetry & Art submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27th.
The 2015 JoLLE@UGA Conference was a HUGE success and we are so grateful to those of you who attended, presented, and tweeted. For those of you unable to attend, we hope to see you next year!
Copyright © 2015 The University of Georgia, All rights reserved.
The Journal of Language & Literacy Education is a peer-reviewed, open access journal based in the the Department of Language & Literacy Education in The College of Education at The University of Georgia.
Our mailing address is:
The University of Georgia
315 Aderhold Hall
Athens, GA 30606
Add us to your address book<http://coe.us4.list-manage.com/vcard?u=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&id=7d251d114a>
unsubscribe from this list<http://coe.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&id=7d251d114a&e=c061549e9b&c=08d8d03d5d> update subscription preferences<http://coe.us4.list-manage2.com/profile?u=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&id=7d251d114a&e=c061549e9b>
[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=6ca17b5328ae0c93191ece41b&afl=1>