[Xmca-l] Every era seems to find the Neanderthal it needs.

This article seems connected to a few recent thematic pathways:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2015/02/13/our-lost-cousins-neanderthals/O2cSNRBhPjcJYl76EoDAxK/story.html

Most poignant for me was the theory that Neanderthals died out because of their thin population structure.

Also there is evidence that many Europeans and Asians are 4% Neanderthal in their DNA material.

Then the relationship we have with dogs may have really changed the game of competition.

Wouldn't it be strange if in the distant future there were another species that we interbred with and then we became extinct to only exist in DNA material of that newer humanoid species?

Kind regards,

Annalisa