[Xmca-l] Re: [Fwd: Request from Karger publishing on their 125th anniversary]

Pierre Janet, L’évolution de la mémoire et de la notion du temps, CHahine, Paris, 1928.
http://classiques.uqac.ca/classiques/janet_pierre/evolution_memoire_temps/evolution_memoire.html
Une édition électronique réalisée à partir du livre de Pierre Janet (1859-1947) (philosophe devenu médecin et psychologue), L'évolution de la mémoire et de la notion du temps. (1928). Compte rendu intégral des conférences faites en 1928 au Collège de France d'après les notes sténographiques. Collège de France, Chaire de psychologie expérimentale et comparée. Tome III: L'organisation du temps. Paris, Éditions Chahine, 1928, pp. 419 à 624. That's more than 100 pages, so that is probably too much.

The only work of Janet's that has been published in English is a series of lectures he gave in the US. According to the Soviet editors of LSVCW, although Vygotsky rarely quoted Janet, there is reason to believe he was influenced by him. These editors point to AN Leontyev's 1931 article on memory as drawing on Janet's work as mentioned above.
Here's Wikipedia on Janet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Janet

mike cole wrote:
My vote would be for some of the papers referred to by LSV and his colleagues between roughly 1925-1934 which are not in English. Anyone able to identify things they would like
to read? I will try to go back and check out my own wish list.

If people could nominate candidates on xmca so other could see, it might facilitate.
We could then send the Kargers and Larry a collective wish list.

mike