[Xmca-l] Re: Engels on Laws of evolution and laws of history

I found the Russian version of LSV CW, volume 3.
It has the correct quote from the Russian edition of Engels' Dialectics of Nature.
The "laws of history" is a creation of the translator, Marie Hall.

Engels and Vygotsky not guilty!

Andy Blunden wrote:
I'm sure you are right there, Juan!
Here's Engels' original German:
/"Die ewigen Naturgesetze/ verwandeln sich auch immer mehr in historische." MEW, Vol. 20, p. 505

Juan Duarte wrote:
Hello, I think Engels is also speaking about the historical nature of all knowledge, for example newtonian physics. It´s a central aspect of marxism that the way of knowing is historically situated, and it´s goes not just for historical science but also for natural ones. Of course, it doesn´t mean to fall into relativism but to take in account that science is social, economical and political embedded and in capitalism, mercantilisation and fetichisation reaches it.

Greets,

Juan D.

    Hi Andy,

    I guess the ends of the ham will be cut off and the reason will
    remain a mystery, since grandma isn't picking up the phone!

    Kind regards,

    Annalisa