[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?
- From: larry smolucha <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 00:44:22 -0600
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com>, , , , <CAF8DDy8VqGOh_P+iT9Ck5=rRwHo0iMnmTx0Z0DhV_iCtRK6tug@mail.gmail.com>, , , , <CAHH++PnCOMyT8MqjZOT_riHgEY58D87PKXtzwWcJ3YyE5NELJQ@mail.gmail.com>, , , , <000001d028b0$aef9b560$0ced2020$@edu>, , , , <CAHH++Pn6jxpSkvW=Db-QTBSwYzH46c8w+xENQ+xbP6TX2Jp4Mg@mail.gmail.com>, , , , <3B91542B0D4F274D871B38AA48E991F9087579@CIO-TNC-D2MBX01.osuad.osu.edu>, ,,, <C8B3CE14-E938-4ABC-BC06-03B3CA933373@gmail.com>, , , <54AB884B.firstname.lastname@example.org>, , <email@example.com>, , <54AB9279.firstname.lastname@example.org>, , , , <CACwG6DuO5dTCsufTT58uJqkezRHTiOtXDe7FCGDRkBhJbekFWA@mail.gmail.com>, , ,,, ,,, <CAHH++PnTxtFcATy1B6c1MY4xF2effx1deLrxMJTDV_A3CUMr3Q@mail.gmail.com>, , , , <email@example.com>, , ,,<BLU179-W237D457A82B267DC94036CA1460@phx.gbl>, ,,<firstname.lastname@example.org>, , , <BLU179-W467347C0403189A1FBC4CFA1460@phx.gbl>, , <email@example.com>, , <BLU179-W917EAE93C0C77348362E96A1470@phx.gbl>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yes, I see there is great controversy regarding the idea of an Aryan invasion/migration
to Indian. From what I was able to read (on the internet) the controversy is ongoing
and politically charged. I did not see any evidence (genetic, linguistic, or archaeological)
that the Vedic culture in India is far more older than 2,000 B.C. (Vedic Sanskrit).
There were paleolithic people in India, and around 4000 to 2500 B.C. the Dravidian
culture of the Indus River Valley appeared.
This topic might be too emotionally charged to ever be resolved by scientific research.
The National Geographic Genome project could eventually document migration routes.
> From: email@example.com
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 04:12:18 +0000
> Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?
> Hi Francine,
> Immediately I must post this link in response to your view of the Aryans. I must divulge that there is significant doubt about Aryan conquests; the Vedic culture is far, far more older than 2000 B.C, which is non-trivial.
> I can't say where stoicism generates, but Buddhism did arise from Vedic culture, likely in response to corruption in the caste system, which is my sense of things putting it all together, which is to say, I've not researched this and cannot offer citations.
> I'm not sure how many Buddhists know the Buddha was very likely taught the Vedas, since he was an Indian prince, after all.
> Sometimes oppression happens accidentally, just by not knowing the real story! Another nod to hermeneutics!
> Kind regards,