[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context
- From: larry smolucha <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 18:06:25 -0600
- In-reply-to: <CAGaCnpzbAgvL3Fey4A-jVX=XpghkALU-3qVDrrHLU_vgqht0jA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <DM2PR0501MB1359453E3DA6A9A132F18CFE9D5E0@DM2PR0501MB1359.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>, <CAEWUCycXCJ6aJXV5hwcHOAeBC1citZ-9=iAh8T++sDG1wnA=Zw@mail.gmail.com>, <3B91542B0D4F274D871B38AA48E991F907E885@CIO-KRC-D2MBX08.osuad.osu.edu>, <CAHCnM0AYtLfY=uxjD+qHU8zwv9F-4YRJePxzq=a=Bmp4=4Z1zw@mail.gmail.com>, <email@example.com>, <7334DDE3-FF9A-45E1-8E4C-1D23EF114C72@gmail.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <CAGaCnpzyicnqp5D2R+M75g6=QLo9fHtrH+r3mAo-gwLNq3_bVg@mail.gmail.com>, <email@example.com>, <CAHCnM0AxJO1RVVMKPxoWmFkM=jMoxpYabsJfP52Bu0=YV-c7NA@mail.gmail.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <CAHCnM0DipvQBhikP-iEYacANQeKd3uQN2yYo93MxWRf9TM5grQ@mail.gmail.com>, <email@example.com>, <CAHH++PkTwj9o0rg+h+HAhmMSZYdcR_tq0c-oyG7QQxKj6NUDEw@mail.gmail.com>, <3E2B2C1E-3CCA-47DB-AF7E-32766A7D29BD@gmail.com>, <A9514E5F-124F-42DE-9223-89AFA1F3DA9E@gmail.com>, <84DC9627-CD2A-4017-A4E7-5AE9ED43883F@gmail.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <CAGaC npzbAgvL3Fey4A-jVX=XpghkALU-3qVDrrHLU_vgqht0jA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Message from Francine:
Larry, would you say that the discourse thread on sociocritical literacies has
opened up that 'third space'? Are we on the verge of Effective historical
dialogical social dreaming?
Would other XMCARs who have been reading this thread, but have not posted
any comments, share some of their thoughts?
> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 14:41:30 -0800
> From: email@example.com
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context
> Annalisa, if models such as *the third space* show or indicate EFFECTIVE
> liberation, would not these concrete patterns of liberation [as models]
> express a *truth* that could *mediate* and *orient* and guide how others
> could also create effective *third spaces*.
> My bias is to be guided by concrete *works* [developing from social
> dreams] that productively have actually liberated others to find their
> *voice*. We need these concrete models that can show us what IS possible
> here and now.
> I have a distrust that a general dismantling of all that is oppressive is a
> required first step to opening a *third space* My bias is to sense the
> power to act AS IF the third space is always open IF CLAIMED.
> This dialogically forming *fact* or *truth* is not *objective* but it is
> not merely *subjective*. It exists as a *possibility* if claimed by an
> *interpretive community* through a dedication and commitment to EFFECTIVE
> historically constituted dialogical social dreaming..
> This is only one path and one possible example towards claiming a relevant
> *truth* in our current situation.
> However the *third space* does SHOW the potential *truth* expressed in
> the notion that change is instituted through small groups of dedicated
> folks with shared *social dreams*
> Large scale social dismantling of the *state* historically has created
> unintended consequences. The notion of *care* and *concern* as liberating
> concepts seems to be possible within *third spaces*.
> Acting *as if* relevant truth(s) exist may have the potential to create
> living vital spaces where social dreams actually develop and become
> models. How to create a sense of *trust* through *witnessing* and helping
> to *produce* third spaces which we occupy AS shared social dreams is the
> difficult question to answer. When we value autonomy and independence
> without constraints as our social dream to imagine shared social dreams
> seems difficult to imagine. This is why we need concrete examples that it
> is possible as inspiring examples.
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Annalisa Aguilar <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > It is a arresting proposition to do an analysis of how people are
> > successfully oppressed rather than how they are successfully liberated.
> > Isn't this what George Orwell attempted to show?
> > Of course what is implied by an analysis of successful oppression is (in
> > my mind) to show whether a disruption of oppressive patterns offers
> > liberation better, equal, or worse than attempting to establish patterns of
> > liberation?
> > Perhaps disruption, interruption, or diversion of oppressive patterns is
> > the best first step? This need not be revolutionary, just effective?
> > Kind regards,
> > Annalisa