[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context
- From: larry smolucha <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:51:51 -0600
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <DM2PR0501MB1359453E3DA6A9A132F18CFE9D5E0@DM2PR0501MB1359.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>, , <CAEWUCycXCJ6aJXV5hwcHOAeBC1citZ-9=iAh8T++sDG1wnA=Zw@mail.gmail.com>, , <3B91542B0D4F274D871B38AA48E991F907E885@CIO-KRC-D2MBX08.osuad.osu.edu>, <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
Message from Francine:
Dr. Stevan Weine, a psychiatrist at the University of Illinois at Chicago
has a qualitative research model that he has used in researching testimonials.
He has worked with both migrants and refugees.
In 2004, I was enrolled in a four week seminar that he gave at UIC using a
software package called ATLAS.
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> To: email@example.com
> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:24:18 +0000
> Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context
> Hi Michael, Luisa, Miguel and all,
> Is it possible to see testimonios as data points? But to the point, far more than a data point, perhaps a cell of meaning? or a node that connects to other nodes, and that over the space of time and place that a larger picture starts to emerge that reveals a deeper-anchored democracy of meanings?
> What appeals to me is that Miguel's "method" of testimonio remains in connection with affect (and subjective identity) and thereby retains a compassionate unity with formations of "data collection."
> Since it is difficult to leave the heart in the filing cabinet, wouldn't that be a fair method to connect to research and subsequently to knowledge?
> Just wondering…
> Kind regards,