[Xmca-l] Re: no primitive language?

Thanks, Carol.
Can those "key characteristics" be given in a few lines?

Carol Macdonald wrote:
Andy

It's true.  Languages all share key characteristics.

Carol

On 27 December 2014 at 12:02, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net <mailto:ablunden@mira.net>> wrote:

    I have heard, and I believe it to be the case, that there is no
    such thing as a "primitive language."
    I am not talking about the "language" of children raised in
    isolation, or the "home sign" of deaf children, I mean among the
    languages of actual historical peoples.
    I would just appreciate that if this is wrong, could someone on
    this list who knows about this kind of thing disabuse me.
    Otherwise I will assume this to be factual.

    Thanks
    Andy

Carol A  Macdonald Ph D (Edin)
Developmental psycholinguist
Academic, Researcher, and Editor Honorary Research Fellow: Department of Linguistics, Unisa