[Xmca-l] no primitive language?

I have heard, and I believe it to be the case, that there is no such thing as a "primitive language." I am not talking about the "language" of children raised in isolation, or the "home sign" of deaf children, I mean among the languages of actual historical peoples. I would just appreciate that if this is wrong, could someone on this list who knows about this kind of thing disabuse me. Otherwise I will assume this to be factual.

Thanks