[Xmca-l] Chomsky, Vygotsky, and phenomenology

Is it really the case thay chomsky and Vygotsky diametrically oppose one another?  As I read Vygotsky it appears as if something is missing.  That something for me was the internalization process.  I was reading his concept of internalization as though he was suggesting that it took place among an empiricist view of the human being as a "blank slate."  hence my questions in the previous thread.  If chomsky is right, which I think he is to some extent, does that change Vygotsky or can we synthesize the two?
I am working on a paper to attempt to do just that through phenomenology....

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com