[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: The Annotated Bibliography Project (ABP)
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The Annotated Bibliography Project (ABP)
- From: Annalisa Aguilar <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 20:30:15 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com>, <4B3241AC-33FA-4CCE-B9F3-B41BA510E9BA@gmail.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHQGAcHRrNt2vDeh0iyUqX+OJMap5yQFpYAgADfjjKAACDFuA==
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: The Annotated Bibliography Project (ABP)
My sense is that there will be a best of breed the more people make known their preferences. I think it's great to know the efforts made concerning the history of the list. Helena and I intend to create a summary of the historical texts so newcomers have an easy access to understanding how the list came to be what it is today. Everything helps!
One thing Helena and I hope to accomplish for the Newcomer's Project is to capture preferences and conventions so newcomers can be cued to the culture, which is sometimes hard to understand because this is a list, not a picnic, nor a conference, nor a dinner party, where those contexts have their own scripts and are fairly well-known. :) I myself seem to have crossed the grain, unintentionally, as a newcomer, but I certainly don't mean to walk on anyone's toes.
The thing about cyberspace is that it has no space, which I'd imagine means there's room for a lot of everything! It's the "navigation through everything" that is tricky, and so we're just trying to help by setting up some possible structure that enable and empower newcomers.
I hope I'm not being condescending at all, I only want to be transparent.
If you have some page links to share of places to look at the lchc wiki, Helena and I would be pleased to look at these other resources you clearly do not believe should be overlooked. Then she and I can discuss how to integrate this into what we've got going.
Thanks for your care and attention!