[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: The Annotated Bibliography Project (ABP)
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The Annotated Bibliography Project (ABP)
- From: Annalisa Aguilar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 20:07:20 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- In-reply-to: <CAKCYZhwW9McsoCxNjJr6Ao3=0TO_0wFwvoUQ0k8EB35DvfdFug@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com> <CAG1MBOG6sVM6UXJ8zyty_u6hXQgR4m2Hi7Hp8Mxwn3BoqbxW_w@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <CAKCYZhwW9McsoCxNjJr6Ao3=0TO_0wFwvoUQ0k8EB35DvfdFug@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHQGHTHf9fLnDILNESvmeAmZK4dcZyRDa/i
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: The Annotated Bibliography Project (ABP)
Thanks for your message and suggestions therein!
There is no need to fear that texts will get left out, because texts aren't going to be voted upon. This is why I'd indicated that if the 100 count goes larger, then it goes larger. The idea is to create a space for novices to pick their own way through the forest of texts and to provide some cues by a (1-5) reading level designation (RLD) and deeper contextual references with the comments, so novices can pick their way through.
The only groundswell required is to offer texts you believe germane and your comments! Helena and I will do the rest! When the list is ready for prime time, there is nothing that says it cannot be shaped and edited according to the communities needs, we are only writing in pixels, not pen and ink, and certainly not cement! :)
As far as copyright, this won't be an issue because if there is a copyright issue, the list item will only be listed as a citation. I don't think listing a citation is against copyright, nor listing an abstract. So we got you covered!
The ABP is one part of the Newcomer's Project that Helena and I are doing as a first step in a larger project. So if you wanted to create learning modules for novices, I don't see why we couldn't incorporate that in this cluster of texts intended to create access for novices. These modules you suggest could link to different areas of the Newcomer's pages, no problem!
No one is going to argue over definitions of words in the comments for the texts. The comments are to help with reading, not to argue controversies, and this is what the "take it outside" pages can be for. "Taking it outside" is not because we want to stop debate, but to frame them contextually and allow newcomers to view and decide for themselves. THAT there is a controversy is a good thing for a novice to be aware of while reading. These controversies will likely never settle, so I had no intention of trying to do that here. I hope my thoughts on this concern provides some relaxation!
I'm glad to hear everyone's comments and concerns. This shows how much you all care. None of this is falling on deaf ears! Thank you for coming forward and speaking up!