[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination

Hi Vera,

With regard to perception's relationship to metaphor, perhaps this is why the word "metaphor" means "to transfer, carry over"?

Where does the metaphor generate from?

Is it reasonable to think it is perception? If we cannot perceive something it won't make an impression into memory. I don't mean perception as void of emotional, embodied, and sociocultural influences, by the way.

I looked up "synthesis" and this has a close root "to put, place." Metaphor is a synthesis!

Kind regards,

Annalisa