[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: NYT Op-Ed: Class Prejudice Resurgent
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: NYT Op-Ed: Class Prejudice Resurgent
- From: Annalisa Aguilar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 05:54:03 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- In-reply-to: <CAHH++P==TfjW-MnAWDvDNxt8oJYUWH8fXc1ur1-mhzeRoYHcZQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com>, <CAHH++P==TfjW-MnAWDvDNxt8oJYUWH8fXc1ur1-mhzeRoYHcZQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AQHQE2whBOdHmQexuUuK3f0jh0Y6uJyGuceAgAAE7os=
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: NYT Op-Ed: Class Prejudice Resurgent
WRT to your favorite line: I am waiting for the ATers to pick up and run with that! :)
Maybe we are building friendships here by interacting on this list? Now ! :)
But then, even though we are "speaking" we are not talking about "our friendship," but then maybe we are. I'm not sure. Perhaps I disagree here with Brooks. Perhaps reminding ourselves of the meaning of friendship (our friendship) can be a method for disentanglement. It is just a thought.
It is certainly not easy to have meta-conversations. But this might be a way to catch the moments of inflammation and to untangle V's word-meanings and even perezhivanie. I don't think it's just about the language of poverties, but also the language of wealths, and then discovering, or rather uncovering, what is there and how these relate, if they do at all.
But Greg, perhaps my last post was my best pitch on "the how" as a first step. I'm just thinking out loud here.
As I consider it, the first step also seems to be understanding (and agreement) that there is a problem. Am I wrong?
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> on behalf of Greg Thompson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, December 8, 2014 10:23 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: NYT Op-Ed: Class Prejudice Resurgent
My favorite line was:
"In a friendship, people don’t sit around talking about their friendship.
They do things together. Through common endeavor people overcome difference
to become friends."
But how to build friendships across the grand canyon known as (or, perhaps,
not known as) social class in the U.S.?