[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] worth forwarding: Fwd: Quick dispatch from the ground
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] worth forwarding: Fwd: Quick dispatch from the ground
- From: Martin John Packer <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 20:18:47 +0000
- Accept-language: es-CO, en-US
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHQD/+CYuS8g8nj7EO309FNk6dsNw==
- Thread-topic: worth forwarding: Fwd: Quick dispatch from the ground
As the journey for justice enters its sixth day here in Missouri, our hearts are with our brothers and sisters in Staten Island. Another police officer will walk free from even a trial for killing an unarmed black man. I have simply run out of words to describe this anguish.
Tomorrow we will reach the Governor's Mansion in Jefferson City, where we will summon the strength in memory of Eric, and Michael, and every other victim of injustice to demand action. Governor Nixon will see us here on the ground, but Martin, we need America to hear you online, too.<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f5af/3949346753/VEsE/>
Lend your Twitter and your Facebook feeds to our shared cause. Join us in demanding REAL police reforms and an end to police brutality and militarization.<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f5b1/3949346753/VEsF/>
Earlier this week, President Obama announced new funding for police officers to wear cameras, and a modest tightening on the military equipment available to local departments. It is a good start, but the events of this week have made it clear it's simply not enough.
So we march—for Michael Brown, for Eric Garner, and for the systemic, fundamental reforms of policing needed on the federal, state, AND local levels.
I am ready to end the era in which our loved ones fear for their lives while walking down the street; in which those charged with serving and protecting too often do neither. If you are too, help us keep this vital issue in the public eye, and in the minds of those who can make a change.
We need you on Friday. Dedicate your Facebook and Twitter feeds today:
Cornell William Brooks
President and CEO
[Dontate]<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f58e/3949346753/VEsD/> [Find the NAACP on Facebook] <http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f59b/3949346753/VEsA/> [Follow the NAACP on Twitter] <http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f5eb/3949346753/VEsB/>
Donate<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f5c2/3949346753/VEsO/> | Join the NAACP<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f5da/3949346753/VEsP/> | Blog<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f52b/3949346753/VEsHBQ/> | Take Action<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f506/3949346753/VEsHBA/> | Find Your Local Unit<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f512/3949346753/VEsHBw/> | Unsubscribe<http://action.naacp.org/page/m/474a3e9b/799aeb77/75e00358/2f71f569/3949346753/VEsHBg/>