[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance
- From: Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 09:49:17 -0700
- In-reply-to: <FF2AAE32-1F96-4148-9D90-AF711FA8B13C@uniandes.edu.co>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CACwG6DtyxXvd7VM7if-_K848Eer1jjWzqsyhKnyAtA4AzEVxqQ@mail.gmail.com> <042DCB20-BE9D-448A-9659-EB1E23DA0EBD@uniandes.edu.co> <CAHH++P=zz10puCJt41Gy2nJiw6Sc26A1S1Vh3Fe9HvodP7bqoQ@mail.gmail.com> <FF2AAE32-1F96-4148-9D90-AF711FA8B13C@uniandes.edu.co>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
Martin, thanks for the reading on constitution. Very interesting how people
come at even these very reduced questions (i.e., mathematically
operationalized) find incredible complexity. (see my other post - Physics
and Psychology - for a similar Physics parallel).
With regard to that check - "check's in the mail".
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Martin John Packer <firstname.lastname@example.org
> On Nov 19, 2014, at 10:25 PM, Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
> > Martin,
> > $20K question:
> > Is consciousness (or whatever term you would prefer - btw, what term
> > you prefer?) "internally constituted" or "externally constituted"?
> > Also, would you be willing to share the paper of which you speak? Or at
> > least the citation?
> I forgot two things. First, to ask whether you'll be sending the $20k as
> cash or a check. Second, to provide the references. What I was reading was
> this (attached):
> Van der Smagt, T. (2006). Causation and constitution in system dynamics:
> Modelling a socially constituted world. Systems Research and Behavioral
> Science, 23(4), 513-524.
> But this is also useful:
> Wendt, A. (1998). On constitution and causation in international
> relations. Review of International Studies, 24(5), 101-117.
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Department of Anthropology
880 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602