[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Xmca-l] Re: dappled

I am coming late to this, but I think “collocation” would be of interest. Wikipedia has some good stuff on that.

> On Nov 25, 2014, at 12:00 AM, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:
> I have a trivial question for the linguists on this list.
> Do you have a word for words like "dappled" and "perished" (or dapple and perish) which can describe only one thing (shade and rubber respectively)?
> Andy
> -- 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *Andy Blunden*
> http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/