[Xmca-l] Re: Fate, Luck and Chance

On Nov 19, 2014, at 10:25 PM, Greg Thompson <greg.a.thompson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin,
> $20K question:
> Is consciousness (or whatever term you would prefer - btw, what term would
> you prefer?) "internally constituted" or "externally constituted"?
>
> Also, would you be willing to share the paper of which you speak? Or at
> least the citation?
-greg

Greg,

I forgot two things. First, to ask whether you'll be sending the $20k as cash or a check. Second, to provide the references.  What I was reading was this (attached):

Van der Smagt, T. (2006). Causation and constitution in system dynamics: Modelling a socially constituted world. Systems Research and Behavioral Science, 23(4), 513-524.

But this is also useful:

Wendt, A. (1998). On constitution and causation in international relations. Review of International Studies, 24(5), 101-117.