[Xmca-l] Re: dappled

:) will do.
I should have checked the dictionary before advertising my ignorance.
Dappled dates from c. 1400, before the verb, and was first applied to animals. Perish is old (13th century), but in connection with rubber (which is counted as a distinct meaning) from the 1860s.

Tom Richardson wrote:
How I wish Googlemail had a 'button' for 'Like' - for both of these posts -
Andy for a strange confusion but deep question and Rod for the sheerwit and
intelligence of a reply
Hey Ho
TomRichardson MiddlesbroughUK

On 25 November 2014 at 08:16, Rod Parker-Rees <R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk>