From: xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu
[mailto:xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of
Andy Blunden
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 7:58 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: units of mathematics education

Could you elaborate on what is meant by this passage, Peg? I am not familiar
with this use of * in mathematics, and I am not sure how the > and <
relations are being evaluated here. Andy

Peg Griffin wrote:
... That mathematical model (*A>B=A<B) DOES NOT have a concrete world to rise to! Instead, the children see/feel/perceive the strings and symbols having a relation among relations: A>B = B<A.