[Xmca-l] Re: units of analysis? LSV versus ANL

I don't agree with you here, Andy. I read Crisis, and T&L, as aspects of LSV's science of *consciousness*. ANL's mistake was that he equated consciousness with the mental, and so concluded that LSV is an idealist. However, LSV takes consciousness to be *relational*, an aspect of how human beings live in the world. *This* is his escape from dualism. For LSV, consciousness is not simply subjective, a mental 'reflection' of an external material world, a realm of mere 'appearances.' Consciousness is an aspect of human being, which is embodied and social.

Martin