[Xmca-l] Re: Doctoral Theses and autobiography

No, I meant it for the whole list. Agreed "related but not identical." I know about these terms.

Martin John Packer wrote:
Andy,

I think you probably didn't intend to post this to the whole list. But "working through" is a term in Freudian psychoanalysis. It is related to Freud's use of the ancient notion of "catharsis," but not identical. (Compare "abreaction.")

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_through>

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6836082>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abreaction>

Martin