[Xmca-l] Re: units of analysis?

Martin,
5 minutes ago you were lecturing Robyn Babaeff on the distinction between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. I presume you could also tell us about the difference between the psychology of an adult and a child of this or that age. I thought that we had established that the point Vygotsky is expressing in a dozen different ways (in the hope of not being misconstrued) is that it is not the world as such but the relation between the person and the world, the significance of the world for the child, the child's orientation to the world, the child's situation, and I think you threw in the *duties* of the child/man, as something distinct from the expectations placed upon a child. To talk about "the world a person lives in" is just another one of the hundred different ways of formulating the same relation. OK?

Martin John Packer wrote:
Where did LSV draw a distinction between the child's world and the wider world, Andy?

So adults raise children in the wider world, but those children live somewhere else?
Martin