From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] on behalf of mike cole [mcole@ucsd.edu]
Sent: 13 October 2014 06:04
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: units of analysis?

I wasn't pointing out, I was asking, Martin.
I am having trouble seeing contradiction in perezhivanie as well. more like
a mashup.
mike

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Martin John Packer <mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
wrote:

Good question, Mike!  What you're pointing out is that LSV's own example
doesn't quite do justice to his analysis in T&L.  Water is not a dynamic
system: once hydrogen bonds with oxygen the process stops: water is a
stable molecule. He should have picked an example in which an internal
tension or clash of some kind provides a continual motor for change.

In somewhat the same way, I'm trying to figure out how a triangle is
dynamic. It's one of the most stable geometric shapes.  :)

Martin