[Xmca-l] Re: how to broaden/enliven the xmca discussion

David,

One could say, couldn't one, that a tool also has both a stable, customary pole of functionality and a broader range of potential, possible uses? A hammer, for example, is customarily used to drive nails, but it can potentially be used in a variety of other ways that are related, one might say metaphorically, to this core function.

Martin