[Xmca-l] Re: in the eye of the beholder

Huw, I simply cannot respond to your challenge within the medium of a listserv. Your scepticism is justified but all I can do is pique your interest. But let me make this one point. It is a maxim widely agreed in CHAT, that in order to understand something you must understand its coming-into-being, or in Goethe's words: "Science is the history of science." A social theory which tells you how things work until they don't work any more, is as useful as Linnaeus's Systema Naturae. Some descriptive use, but does not give you the kind of insight which the Theory of Evolution gives.
Expounding the "project regularities" asks for a protracted exposition. Try
https://www.academia.edu/2365533/Collaborative_Project_as_a_Concept_for_Interdisciplinary_Human_Science_Research