[Xmca-l] OK -- empirical work "guided by CHAT"?

On Sep 15, 2014, at 12:31 PM, Helena Worthen <helenaworthen@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK -- empirical work "guided by CHAT"?

And at ICLS in Boulder in June I gave a presentation describing the work of one of my graduate students, Rocío Gonzalez, who is studying the practices of pedagogy in a preschool where the main aim is to prepare children to be members of the Muisca community. The Muisca are the indigenous people who were living in the area of what is now Bogotá when the Spanish arrived. Their culture has been declared dead, but in fact they are still around. The focus of the research, and the methodology, are guided by the CHAT perspective.

Martin