[Xmca-l] Re: The Highlander Center in Tennessee

Actually, Horton says that after a long time searching and travelling and studying looking for a method or a way to do education for social change, he eventually realised what he had to do - "The thing to do was just find a place, move in and start and let it grow." He was lucky to catch the eye of an elderly woman farmer who gave him a farmhouse in Grundy County, Tennessee, so that was his beginning and the next 30 years.

Huw Lloyd wrote:
Thanks for bringing the Highlander Center topic up, Andy.

In addition to thinking about Peg's comment, one of things that struck me
was the accord with Lefebvre's ideas in the production of space, i.e. new
social relations calling for a new space.

Best,
Huw