[Xmca-l] Re: The Highlander Center in Tennessee

Perhaps we can talk off-line Robert, I've been to that website, I've spoken to them on the phone, I have ordered all the books that Myles Horton ever wrote and read a lot of them on Google books while waiting for them to reach Melbourne. I haven't read Septima Clark biog though.

Robert Lake wrote:
Hi Andy,
Yes I do. Start with this .
http://highlandercenter.org/about-us/history/

And this biography of Myles Horton

 http://www.amazon.com/The-Long-Haul-An-Autobiography/dp/0807737003
and the biography of Septima Clark.

http://www.amazon.com/Freedoms-Teacher-Life-Septima-Clark/dp/0807872229/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408889271&sr=1-2&keywords=septima+clark <http://www.amazon.com/Freedoms-Teacher-Life-Septima-Clark/dp/0807872229/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408889271&sr=1-2&keywords=septima+clark>

I have written a piece on her as well and will send it this afternoon.

I think the book We Make the Road by Walking: A dialogue between Myles Horton and Paulo Freire
is one of the best books on both these leaders.

More Later,
Robert Lake

I will send more this afternoon.