[Xmca-l] Final Volume of Thinking: The Journal of Philosophy for Children now available

For a limited time, print copies of past issues of *Thinking* are
available *without
charge*, for the cost of shipping. To order, please fill out the IAPC
Publications Order Form
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Rl8UxKvtAdQUEySlRKTUtaT3c/edit?pli=1> and
follow payment instructions below.

-

Friends and colleagues,

I'm happy and sad to announce the publication of the final volume, 20:3&4,
of *Thinking: The Journal of Philosophy for Children*.  I have attached the
Table of Contents to this email.

On behalf of the IAPC I thank the scores of publishers, editors, reviewers,
photographers, graphic designers and authors who shared their talents with
us for 35 years.  I have made a list of most of them for the IAPC's digital
archive here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ld4qANIqnVimASlHudBtJ3Uv5zs7oFUx8e1AqjLlL4/edit?usp=sharing

A complete Index of all 20 Volumes of *Thinking* is available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BDQMpjsbf5ujXWW6S08uti-JUWBmHKyU6z3z2511I5A/edit?usp=sharing

We at the IAPC are gratified that the major academic journals and
publishing houses in the fields of education, philosophy of education and
some in philosophy regularly publish books and articles on philosophy
for/with children/adolescents, and that there are currently four
professional / academic journals that maintain a focus on philosophy for
children:

   - Analytic Teaching and Philosophical Praxis (
   http://www.viterbo.edu/atpp/)
   - ICPIC Journal: Childhood and Philosophy (
   http://icpic.org/journal-childhood-and-philosophy/)
   - PLATO Journal: Questions: Philosophy for Young People: (
   http://plato-philosophy.org/who-we-are/journal-questions/)
   - FAPSA Journal: Journal of Philosophy in Schools (
   http://www.ojs.unisa.edu.au/index.php/jps/)

We look forward to a robust future of scholarship and professional exchange
with you in these and other venues.

Maughn Gregory

--
"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase,
just take the first step." - *Martin Luther King*, *Jr*.

Deborah Downing Wilson, Ph.D.
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition
http://lchc.ucsd.edu/

Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada Reno
http://www.unr.edu/cla/commstudies/

begin:vcard
n:Gregory;Maughn;;;
fn:Maughn Gregory
tel;work:(973) 655-7049
org:Institute for the Advancement of Philosophy for Children;Educational Foundations
adr:;;2197 University Hall;Montclair State University;NJ;07043;USA
email;work;internet:gregorym@montclair.edu
title:Professor
version:2.1
end:vcard