[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Electronic version of Luria book
- To: Helena Worthen <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Electronic version of Luria book
- From: mike cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:25:23 -0700
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <5E094514-0192-4302-82EE-088F92D91753@gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0DSOvUZVfjHO6Smk3OjR18TMJCPoUc0f0Z3vSxOxguUTA@mail.gmail.com> <5E094514-0192-4302-82EE-088F92D91753@gmail.com>
- Reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I believe the section I indicated has an example that is close enough to
the one you provided to be able to think with it.
Maybe not, but hope its useful.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Helena Worthen <email@example.com>
> Thank you, MIke. I read some of this book back in about 1994 and was
> amazed by some of the experiments they undertook. I will get back into it.
> Helena Worthen
> On Jul 24, 2014, at 6:30 PM, mike cole wrote:
> > Helena-- I poked around after making the suggestion concerning Luria's
> > discussion of "will power" and found a free electronic version here:
> > https://archive.org/details/natureofhumancon032984mbp
> > There is an even cleaner copy at marxists dot org but could not download
> > it. Maybe you will have better luck.
> > The book is, I believe, of interest in its entirety, but the last few
> > chapters begin to show the increasing influence of LSV on Luria and the
> > last chapter in particular displays that influence, along with the
> > influence of Lewin. Anyway, you can check out for yourself if the
> > he gives on the fruitlessness of "just trying harder" are useful or not.
> > mike