[Xmca-l] Re: The tradition of BILDUNG

People use words as they will, but it always seemed to me that *transaction* evokes an *external* relation between two subjects in which something is *exchanged*, whereas *interaction* evokes some modification of the nature of each subject itself rather than the addition or subtraction of some contingency.

mike cole wrote:
Thanks Larry--- Very interesting connections for sure. When you start to
parse dialogue as "through the word" it makes a clear connection with words
as mediators, and the emphasis on trans-action instead of inter-action also
seems central in this regard.
mike