[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Maxine Greene
- To: Mike Cole <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Maxine Greene
- From: Elina Lampert-Shepel <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 09:14:52 -0400
- In-reply-to: <CAHCnM0AZP9nT5wm+g-tqo2kW5+vgQq0XuZv3uMHfyp5xMT8R8A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHCnM0AZP9nT5wm+g-tqo2kW5+vgQq0XuZv3uMHfyp5xMT8R8A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Maxine knew how to inspire, I will be eternally thankful for the richness
of spirit and dialectics of freedom she introduced us to as doctoral
students at Teachers College. Farewell, Maxine.
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM, mike cole <email@example.com> wrote:
> And in the memories and practices of others who help others if they feel
> that they woul further the cause of arts in education.
> On Friday, May 30, 2014, geraldine.mcdonald <
> > I have never forgotten walking along a corridor at Teachers
> > College one evening many years ago and passing an open door.
> > The room was packed and Maxine Greene was lecturing. The
> > members of her class were transfixed. Some time later Maxine
> > came to New Zealand. She had exactly the same effect on
> > audiences here. She was someone who helped others if she
> > felt they would
> > further the cause of the arts in education.
> > Maxine may no longer be with us but she lives on in her
> > philosphical writing and her passion for the arts.
> > Farewell Maxine.
> > Geraldine McDonald